Explore Salt Lake City before heading out to Capitol Reef, Bryce and Zion, the drop down to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Finish your trip by traveling to Arches, and Canyonlands before landing in Park City. Enter to win Dec. 17 - Feb 27, 2020.
Here’s the Trip We Planned for You!
NatGeo Map Package
You’ll never lose your way on this trip thanks to NatGeo Maps and Books. The winner will receive detailed waterproof and tear-resistant trail maps of Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands and Grand Canyon national parks, plus the Atlas of National Parks and the Guide to National Parks. Plan hikes, scenic drives and more.
Start: Salt Lake City
- 3-night, one room stay at a downtown Salt Lake City hotel
- Two 3-day Salt Lake Connect Passes valid for discounts at 16 Salt Lake City area attractions - OR - two 2-day Ski City Super Passes
- Two Salt Lake Brewery Tour Passes valid at 12 breweries
- Prizes must be booked directly with Visit Salt Lake
- View more information at VisitSaltLake.com
Capitol Reef National Park
- 1-night, one room stay at the Broken Spur Inn near Capitol Reef National Park. Enjoy an up-close view of the unique and remarkable canyon lands from every room at the motel.
- View more information at BrokenSpurInn.com
Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks
- 1-night, one room stay at Ruby's Inn at the entrance to Bryce Canyon National Park and a convenient drive to Zion National Park
- View more information at www.rubysinn.com
3-Day Grand Canyon South Rim Hiking Tour with Lodging hosted by Wildland Trekking
You've made it to the Grand Canyon, the halfway point of your trip! Wildland Trekking will host three days of active adventure during the day and a comfy hotel at night.
Highlights include three challenging day hikes whose locations span over thirty miles of the South Rim, a "sprinkled in" tour of the best Grand Canyon museums and visitor attractions, a sunset dinner on the rim prepared by your guide (weather permitting), a memorable dinner at the famous El Tovar Hotel, and cozy lodging at a hotel ten minutes from the edge of the Canyon.
See the official rules for available dates to choose from.
- 1-night, one room stay at the Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock including a $100 dining credit at the ShadowRock Top + Table. Blackout dates include March and April 2020 as well as weekends and holidays.
- Two tickets for an Ancient Ruin Tour with Pink Adventure Tours
- For more information, go to visitsedona.com
Basecamp in Moab to Explore Arches and Canyonlands National Parks
- 2-night, one room stay in a local Moab hotel
- Two tickets to Canyonlands by Night or Day - Sound and Light Show Jet Boat Tour with dinner included.
- Reservations must be made six weeks in advance. Blackout dates may apply. Stay and tour based on availability.
- View more information at DiscoverMoab.com
Park City, Utah
- 1-night, one room stay at Newpark Resort (Blackout dates July 2-5 and November 22-December 31, 2020)
- Rafting Trip for two with All Seasons Adventures (Summer 2020 season)
- Historic Park City Bike Tour for two with eBike upgrade with White Pine Touring
- View more information at VisitParkCity.com
Here's where our road trip ends. Drive to the airport in Salt Lake City for the flight home (36 miles)
2019 Winner: Donald Poole from Colorado Springs Colo.
2018 Winner: Ryan Meinhart of Phoenix, Ariz.
2016 Winner: Cynthia Dunphy of Cincinnati, Ohio