Where Can I Fill My Water Bottle in the Grand Canyon?
Visitors are encouraged to use reusable bottles and the free water bottle filling stations throughout the park.
Although you will find sales of disposable plastic water bottles at Grand Canyon National Park, visitors are encouraged to use reusable bottles and the free water bottle filling stations throughout the park. This is in an effort to reduce waste in the park. An estimated 20% of the park’s waste stream and 30% of the park’s recycling is comprised entirely of plastic bottles.
Drinking water filling stations have been installed in high traffic areas in the park. Like the existing water fountains and sinks in buildings and facilities throughout the park, the new filling stations provide free and get Grand Canyon spring water from Roaring Springs.
South Rim Filling Stations
- Hermits Rest (located near the other public amenities)
- Bright Angel Trailhead
- South Kaibab Trailhead
- Canyon Village Marketplace
- Desert View Marketplace
- Yavapai Geology Museum
- Grand Canyon Visitor Center
- Verkamp’s Visitor Center
- Desert View Visitor Center
- Maswik Lodge (in the cafeteria)
North Rim Filling Stations
- North Rim Backcountry Office
- North Kaibab Trailhead (seasonal access only)
- North Rim Visitor Center (seasonal access only)