Our 12-page trip planner includes all the information you need to start planning the Grand Canyon National Park vacation of a lifetime.
- 6 road trip ideas to the Grand Canyon that include historic drives and other national parks
- A basic overview map of the North and South Rims
- Park entrance primer including two destinations outside of the park, Grand Canyon West and Havasu Falls
- Tips for the top six things to do at the South Rim
- Grand Canyon wildlife guide
- What to expect for weather, entrance fees, plus a packing list
- Where to stay at the south and north rims
In addition, your mailed packet includes brochures and travel deals for the greater Grand Canyon area. Get even more information by selecting a region or topic to receive vacation information directly from our vacation partners.
Featured Vacation Partners:
Greater Arizona Vacation Partners
- Arizona State Parks - Explore hidden gems in Arizona's State Parks. Take a hiking trip, view geologic wonders or fish in remote areas.
- Arizona Office of Tourism - Visit the legendary Grand Canyon, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and Arizona's most identifiable - and breathtaking - landmark. Request your Arizona Visitors Guide!
Northern Arizona Vacation Partners
- Sedona, Arizona - Welcome to Sedona, Arizona! This land that is called Red Rock Country is a four-seasons playground for everyone! from historians, geologists, archeologists, artists, art collectors, adventurers, and especially for curious outdoor enthusiasts who love spectacular scenery.
- Kingman, Arizona - Kingman is the Heart of Historic Route 66 between the Grand Canyon Skywalk and Grand Canyon National Park. Drive two hours North through ranch land and the Hualapai Valley Joshua Trees Forest to the Skywalk, or take scenic Route 66 East to the National Park. While in Kingman enjoy the Historic Downtown's four museums and a self guided walking tour of more than 40 sites on the National Registry of Historic Places.
- Grand Canyon North Rim Lodge - Located within the Park the historic Lodge is nestled on the north edge at 8,100 ft with inspiring views of the Canyon. Featuring 218 guest rooms and cabins and various dining venues to fit your schedule.
- Page, Arizona | Lake Powell - Lake Powell. Colorado River. Glen Canyon Dam. Slot Canyons. Fishing. Biking. Hiking. Navajo culture. Houseboats. Got your attention? Page Lake Powell, Arizona!
- Lake Powell Resorts & Marinas - Lake Powell is the ultimate playground with nearly 2,000 miles of shoreline, perfect weather and some of the west's most spectacular scenery. Rent a houseboat or enjoy our resorts and take a guided tour.
- Lowell Observatory - Located in downtown Flagstaff, the gateway to the Grand Canyon, Lowell Observatory offers a vast public program including telescope viewing, world-class quarterly exhibits, daytime tours and multimedia shows
- Williams, Arizona - Williams is the Gateway to the Grand Canyon® and a true western community with cowboys ready to welcome you on Route 66.
- Flagstaff, Arizona - This lively gateway community comes with a historic downtown. Take the self-guided walking tour, dare to climb the ropes or do the Ale Trail.
- OARS - When it comes to experiencing — not just seeing — the Grand Canyon and Colorado River in Arizona, no one does it better than OARS. Choose guided hiking, rafting or dory boating.
Utah Vacation Partners
- Kanab, Southern Utah - Stay in one place while visiting a multitude of national parks and national monuments in our area: Grand Canyon, Zion, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Pipe Spring, and Glen Canyon/Lake Powell.
- Moab, Utah - Where Adventure Begins and your gateway to national and state parks, a plethora of recreation, and relaxation. Southeast Utah's top destination vacation location.
- Ruby's Inn - Ruby's Inn is the closest lodging to Bryce Canyon National Park. We offer the finest in Accommodations, RV Park/Campground, Restaurants, and Western Activities, in the Bryce Canyon area.
- Visit Salt Lake - Long-known as the most convenient gateway to America's most stunning national parks, Salt Lake offers endless options and experiences for anyone and everyone.
Colorado Vacation Partners
- Durango, Colorado - From fly-fishing, zip lining and mountain biking, to biking, skiing, rock climbing and golfing; outdoor enthusiasts will be amazed by the playground Mother Nature has provided in Durango, Colorado.
New Mexico & West Texas Partners
- Gallup, New Mexico - Gallup is the one true place that offers enticing outdoor adventures while seamlessly blending awe-inspiring art and rich culture deeply rooted in Native American tradition and its People.
- Grants, New Mexico - There is a place where Route 66 winds through enchanted mesas and towering sandstone bluffs. Where ancient pueblo cities reach to the sky, subterranean adventures tunnel below, and rolling greens are par for the course. Explore Grants!
- Farmington, New Mexico - Farmington is your ticket to unlimited adventure. Rugged, wild scenery coupled with unique culture, it's here that outdoor lovers and active families thrive.
- Carlsbad, New Mexico - Located in the Chihuahuan Desert on the beautiful Pecos River, this oasis is the gateway to Carlsbad Caverns National Park.
- Las Cruces, New Mexico - With 320 days of sunshine and a thriving chile-based culinary scene, Las Cruces is literally a hot spot in southern New Mexico.
- El Paso, Texas - The birthplace of Margaritas has a historic mission trail, stunning and serene places to get outdoors, and taco options from DIY to high-end creations.
- Alamogordo, New Mexico - From White Sands National Monument to alpine meadows high in the Sacramento Mountains, outdoor lovers love Alamagordo. Visitors will also find the birthplace of space exploration, a thriving performing arts center, surprisng restaurants and top-flight golf.
Tours & Tour Operators
- Wildland Trekking Guided Hiking Vacations - Go on an unforgettable hiking vacation. There's a tour that fits nearly anyone who loves to hike in world-renowned, breathtaking landscapes.
- GyPSy Guide Grand Canyon Driving Tour App - Listen to an expert tour guide automatically play interesting and entertaining commentary as you go.
- 2018 National Parks Night Skies Photo Workshop Series - Experience national parks in a way that very few people ever will. Sign up for one of our eight night skies workshops and learn how to shoot the stars and the Milky Way with iconic national park landmarks in the foreground.